Use the official Factorio wiki; Do not delete a full chest (Steel, Iron, Wooden, Etc.) if your inventory cannot hold all of its contents, it will be spilled all across the area around the chest. Using different tier underground transport belts you can squeeze 2 lines into one, or make a bi-directional line.
- This mod adds replicators, machines which can produce items using nothing but electricity. Lower tiers of replicators are the most energy efficient and can essentially transform depleted, empty land into a resource. Higher tier replicators can simplify production lines or otherwise act as a convenience.
- Factorio Prints This is a site to share blueprints for the game Factorio. Blueprints can be exported from the game using the in-game blueprint manager.
- The Factorio Library is a set of high-quality, commonly-used utilities for creating Factorio mods. It is meant to be a general library used by all mods to improve compatibility, and eliminate the need for every modder to have their own lib. factoriolib/flib.
- Factorio mods have been around almost as long as the game itself - and for good reason. While already an enormous and startlingly polished game, introducing the right mods into the fold will not only expand the game with tonnes of new features to discover and master, but also simultaneously improve the base game experience with dozens of.
Equipment grid size
Spidertron rocket launcher: 36
Spidertron rocket launcher: 1/s
The spidertron is a versatile lategame vehicle capable of traversing rough terrain. It, along with the car and tank, is one of three non-rail vehicles in Factorio. It's equipped with four fast-firing rocket launchers capable of manual or automatic targeting. It can be driven manually or remotely controlled using the spidertron remote. Furthermore, it has an equipment grid which accepts all equipment modules. Spidertron's legs can be moved by belts which can be prevented by inserting belt immunity equipment into its equipment grid.
The vehicle can be renamed, and its color can be changed independently of the color of the player that is riding inside it. This color and name are shown in the tooltip of all connected spidertron remotes. Additionally, the spidertron's inventory can have logistics requests and auto-trash filters set up, similar to the player inventory, so the vehicle is automatically supplied by logistic robots.
Picking up the vehicle keeps the modules inside its equipment grid, its name, its color and the logistics requests saved in the item, however any content from the spidertron's inventory is placed into the player's inventory and not saved in the item.
The four spidertron rocket launchers operate in 'chain mode' which allows rapid firing of rockets at enemies. The spidertron can be set to automatically target enemies, both with or without any passengers inside the spidertron. The spidertron's combat capabilities are enhanced by its equipment grid, e.g. energy shields can be equipped to increase its protection or personal laser defenses can be used for higher killing power. The spidertron's equipment modules are used additionally to any modules that the riding player may have equipped in their own power armor.
Unlike the car and tank, which are affected by the surfaces they travel on, the spidertron's speed does not change on different surfaces. Due to the way the spidertron travels, its speed slightly fluctuates and does not consistently stay at its top speed. The spidertron's speed can be increased by equipping exoskeletons into its grid. Up to 5 exoskeletons can fit in the vehicle's grid. The top speeds (in km/h) are as follows:
- The spidertron was first mentioned in the Friday Facts #120, however it was not introduced into the game and did not appear on the roadmap. After FFF #120 the spidertron was sometimes hidden in other Friday Facts such as FFF #200, FFF #315 and FFF #330. However, the spidertron was not developed further after its first mention: 'Than maybe he felt FFF was too short that week, so he made the gif, and it was not touched ever since'. It was then introduced in version 1.0.0 as a surprise feature, more than 4 years after it was first teased.
Factorio Cheat Sheet
The spidertron's GUI with a partially filled equipment grid and multiple equipped rockets.
The spidertron's corpse.
Spidertron effortlessly walking through trees.
Controlling spidertron's movement via minimap.
(Click to see .GIF animation.)
- Added logistic requests to spidertron.