- 'Find Me' I was once told that walking through a doorway could cause someone to forget Even the most precious memories they had Memories of good, memories of bad.
- In Find Me, Aciman shows us Elio’s father, Samuel, on a trip from Florence to Rome to visit Elio, who has become a gifted classical pianist. A chance encounter on the train with a beautiful young woman upends Sami’s plans and changes his life forever.
An accountant breaks away from his routine to find his missing friend who has left clues to his whereabouts in national parks across the country.
Find Me To KidsThen you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 1314I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore you from captivity and gather you from all the nations and places to which I have banished you, declares the LORD. I will restore you to the place from which I sent you into exile.”…
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
But if from there you will seek the LORD your God, you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.
1 Chronicles 22:19
Now set your heart and soul to seek the LORD your God. Get started building the sanctuary of the LORD God, so that you may bring the ark of the covenant of the LORD and the holy articles of God into the temple that will be built for the Name of the LORD.'
1 Chronicles 28:9
As for you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve Him wholeheartedly and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands the intention of every thought. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.
2 Chronicles 6:38
and when they return to You with all their heart and soul in the land of the enemies who took them captive, and when they pray in the direction of the land that You gave to their fathers, the city You have chosen, and the house I have built for Your Name,
2 Chronicles 22:9
Then Jehu looked for Ahaziah, and Jehu's soldiers captured him while he was hiding in Samaria. So they brought Ahaziah to Jehu and killed him. They buried him, for they said, 'He is the grandson of Jehoshaphat, who sought the LORD with all his heart.' So no one was left from the house of Ahaziah with the strength to rule the kingdom.
Therefore let all the godly pray to You while You may be found. Surely when great waters rise, they will not come near.
I have not spoken in secret, from a place in a land of darkness. I did not say to the descendants of Jacob: 'Seek Me in a wasteland.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I say what is right.
I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD. They will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with all their heart.
For this is what the LORD says to the house of Israel: 'Seek Me and live!
And you shall seek me, and find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart.
If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me; …
But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul…
And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,
Find Me Movie
And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the LORD.
And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.
And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; …
|Audio read by||Michael Stuhlbarg|
|Publisher||Farrar, Straus and Giroux|
|October 29, 2019|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover and Paperback; Audiobook)|
|LC Class||PS3601.C525 F56 2019|
|Preceded by||Call Me by Your Name|
Find Me is a 2019 novel by writer André Aciman. The novel follows the lives of Samuel 'Sami' Perlman, his son Elio Perlman, and Oliver, characters established in Aciman's 2007 novel Call Me By Your Name.
The novel is split into four sections: Tempo, Cadenza, Capriccio, and Da Capo. Each of the sections focus on a different character's point of view, and this is not stated explicitly. The sections vary in length, with Tempo being the longest at almost half the book and Da Capo the shortest.
Tempo:Ten years after the events of Call Me By Your Name, Sami Perlman meets a younger woman named Miranda while traveling by train to Rome. The two quickly grow close, and strike up a romantic relationship. While in Rome, the couple visit Miranda's ailing father, attend a public lecture held by Sami, and meet with Elio.
Cadenza: Five years later, Elio works as a piano teacher in Paris. At a concert he meets an older man named Michel, and they begin a romantic relationship. They visit Michel's childhood home in the French countryside, and end their relationship amicably several weeks later.
Capriccio:Several years later, Oliver works as a professor at a college in New Hampshire. He is married with children, but harbors nostalgia for the time he spent with Elio as a college student. He reunites with Elio in Italy, and they reconnect romantically. Though Sami has died, he fathered a child with Miranda, whom they named Oliver.
Da Capo:Elio and Oliver are together again, raising Little Ollie, Elio's half brother.
On December 6, 2017, when asked about a proposed sequel to the film adaptation of Call Me by Your Name, Aciman replied that 'the problem with a sequel is that you need plot.' On December 3, 2018, Aciman announced on his Twitter account that he was writing a sequel to Call Me by Your Name. The novel's title and release date were officially confirmed on March 20, 2019.
In an interview, Aciman stated that: 'The world of Call Me by Your Name never left me. Though I created the characters and was the author of their lives, what I never expected was that they'd end up teaching me things about intimacy and about love that I didn't quite think I knew until I'd put them down on paper. The film made me realize that I wanted to be back with them and watch them over the years—which is why I wrote Find Me'.
The novel was published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux on October 29, 2019. The audiobook is read by actor Michael Stuhlbarg, who portrayed Sami in the film adaptation of Call Me by Your Name.
Ahead of its release, on October 11, 2019, Vanity Fair published an exclusive excerpt from the novel, along with two illustrations by Jenny Kroik.
Find Me was met with mixed reviews from literary critics, with review aggregator Book Marks reporting five negative and six mixed reviews among 26 total.
- ^'Find Me: A Novel - André Aciman; read by Michael Stuhlbarg'. Macmillan Publishers. Retrieved October 10, 2019.
- ^'Find Me: A Novel - André Aciman'. Macmillan Publishers. Retrieved October 8, 2019.
- ^McHenry, Jackson (2019-03-20). 'Call Me by Your Name Author André Aciman on Writing Sex Scenes and the Film's Sequels'. www.vulture.com. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- ^@aaciman (3 December 2018). 'I would actually love a sequel to Call Me by Your Name. In fact I am writing one' (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- ^ ab'André Aciman Is Officially Writing a Call Me by Your Name Sequel'. March 20, 2019.
- ^'André Aciman Announces 'Call Me by Your Name' Sequel 'Find Me,' Arriving This Fall'. March 21, 2019.
- ^'A Call Me By Your Name Sequel Is Officially Coming This Autumn'. March 21, 2019.
- ^'Call Me by Your Name sequel Find Me to publish this October'. March 20, 2019.
- ^@aaciman (5 June 2019). 'Exciting news! Michael Stuhlbarg will be recording the audiobook for my upcoming novel, FIND ME. We're very lucky to have his voice be a part of this story' (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- ^Nast, Condé. 'Read an Exclusive Excerpt From the Call Me by Your Name Sequel, Find Me'. Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- ^'Book Marks reviews of Find Me by André Aciman'. Book Marks. Literary Hub. Retrieved December 7, 2019.