NEXT JUMP is a love letter to shmup's Shoot 'em up or space shooters, read in a slightly different manner: In turn-based battles! Your mission, our mission, is very simple: The dragons are fleeing. NEXT JUMP: Shmup Tactics is what would happen if the pillars of the “Shmup” genre were translated into a “Tactics and Strategy (with a bit of a puzzle in between)” game. Be a pilot of the Bastards Federation: A group formed by the Dwarves, Elves, Humans and Orcs who used to live in peace, sharing their love for all Beverages.
The spiritual successor to 'The next jump', NEXT JUMP: Shmup Tactics,
just got released on STEAM and Itch.io:
Check it out! :D
Next Jump: Shmup Tactics Ps4
Third place on stencyl jam 2015! :D
Next Jump: Shmup Tactics Games
the NEXT jump is a turn based shmup with roguelike ingredients.
You are a pilot in pursuit of a Pirate Mothership that keeps its distance from you. To catch the mothership, you use 'Jumps' to cross long distances... and inside those jumps hordes of pirates (each one with their movement pattern) try to kill you.
Its a game about learning patterns, the enemies and yours!
Controls are Mouse:
To move your Ship, click on the tile next to you.
To shoot click on the shoot button... and the same to punch.
Every move (click on the tile you wish to move) costs energy, every punch costs energy... every shot... Once you make your move, the pirates around you make theirs and so on.
But you can pickup energy and Scrap (money) from fallen Pirates.
When the jump is complete, a JumpGate appears and you can buy upgrades on the shop and then jump again...
I made everything on Stencyl 3.3, GIMP and Blender. Sounds are public domain and BFXR (site).
Thanks for playing! :]
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
NEXT JUMP is a turn-based, tactics Shoot 'em up for people who are bad at SHMUPs, but love them.
Do space-jumps and chase the vicious Dragons who stole all the stock of Beverage from the Galaxy and now are running away!
- It's a Tactics SHMUP!
- A excellent Coffee break game.
- Be a pilot of the Bastards Federation: A group formed by the Elves, Humans, Dwarves and Orcs who used to live in peace, sharing their love for all Beverages.
- Your mission: JUMP! Chase the Dragons and stop them from running away with all that is most sacred to the Bastards by jumping from sector to sector, facing hordes of enemies in turn-based battles!
- Each Sector is a Board! Each given 'JUMP' represents a new combat board generated procedurally, simulating combat situations only seen in SHMUPs!
- Pick from SEVEN playable Ships, all inspired by classic weapons: The Ballista, Dagger, Hammer , Staff, Sword, Shield and a Secret one!
- Equip and Upgrade your ship with different weapons and accessories that change the combat dynamics!
- Not only inspired by the classic Shmups and Bullet Hells, it's also influenced by tactical games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Jeanne d'Arc and Roguelikes like FTL and Crypt of the NecroDancer.
- Like the classic games of the past, it has a complete MANUAL, accessible within the game!
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Author||Post Mortem Pixels|
|Made with||Blender, GIMP, Stencyl, Audacity|
|Tags||2D, Perma Death, Roguelike, Shoot 'Em Up, Space, Tactical, Top down shooter, Turn-based, Turn-Based Combat, Turn-based Strategy|
|Average session||A few minutes|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- New update (build 298)!May 31, 2019
- Update bug fixes [276 mac]Apr 28, 2018
- Update, bug fixes [build 275]Nov 21, 2017
- NEXT JUMP: Red Legionnaires is now available for free!Sep 22, 2017