About the Game
Operatives A & B began recording for the Reigns organisation in 2002. Their first album, “We Lowered a Microphone into the Ground”, was a series of recordings made within a seemingly “bottomless” hole found upon the Somerset Downs. Their follow-up, “Styne Vallis”, was recorded in and ar read more. This Daywind soundtrack includes printed lyrics and a demonstration plus accompaniment in high (G) and low (D) keys, with and without backing vocals. Please note: Due to copyright and licensing restrictions, this product may require prior written authorization and additional fees for use in online video or on streaming platforms.
Reigns: Game of Thrones is the heir to the award-winning HBO® TV series Game of Thrones® and the smash-hit swipe ‘em up series Reigns from Nerial and Devolver Digital. Through the fiery visions of Melisandre, claim the Iron Throne as Cersei Lannister, Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, and more to carefully navigate the complex relationships and hostile factions of the Seven Kingdoms. Employ ruthless tactics to outwit political rivals and wield impervious charm on your fickle bannerman. Maintain the balance and favor of the people to extend your reign and maybe, one day, survive the horrors of the coming winter.
A Formidable Cast: Rule from the Iron Throne as Cersei Lannister, Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister, Sansa Stark, and more. Change between each king and queen you unlock to face challenges and mysteries unique to their story.
Impose Your Will: Swipe left or right to change the fate of the Seven Kingdoms forever as you hear the impassioned pleas and unpredictable demands from the people of Westeros. If a particular character becomes bothersome, tear their card in half to unburden Your Majesty with their concerns – but at what cost?
Reenvision Westeros: Melisandre’s visions are your playing field and extend beyond the TV series to imagine the many fates of those that would sit upon the Iron Throne. Rebuild the Great Sept of Baelor as Cersei or discover the path of the Seven Kingdoms if Sansa Stark had married Jaime Lannister.
Regal Mini Games: Even the most powerful rulers need to set aside their worries and partake in more trivial matters now and then. From jousting to tavern brawls, these distractions aren’t without consequence!
A Grander Reigns: Fans of the Reigns series will be delighted with the biggest, deepest entry in the series that does not simply retell the stories you know but rather lets you create new adventures at your whim.
Iconic Soundtrack: Decide the fate of Westeros and those that reside in your land to the soaring score of the HBO series by Ramin Djawadi.
©2018 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved. HBO and related trademarks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.
|Platform(s)||Android, iOS, Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch|
Reigns is a strategy video game developed by Nerial and published by Devolver Digital. Set in a fictional medieval world, it places the player in the role of a monarch who rules the kingdom by accepting or rejecting suggestions from advisors. The game was released digitally for Android, iOS, Linux, macOS and Microsoft Windows in August 2016.
A sequel, titled Reigns: Her Majesty, in which the player acts as a queen consort, was released in December 2017. Reigns and its sequel were released for Nintendo Switch, under the collective title Reigns: Kings & Queens, in September 2018. A third entry in the Reigns series, Reigns: Game of Thrones, was released in October 2018.
Assuming the role of a medieval king, the player swipes left or right on a card depicting an advisor, in order to accept or reject their suggestion. Each decision will have a consequence, changing the balance between the four pillars of the society: The church, the people, the military, and wealth. The king's reign ends whenever one of the four metric bars becomes full or empty, and the game continues with the player controlling their heir. Various in-game events can also lead to the king's demise.
Throughout the course of the game, the player may experience different kinds of events, which are scripted or caused by the player's decisions. Such events can have one-time or recurring effects on the game, such as causing the death of the next advisor if their suggestion is rejected.
The game was developed by London-based game studio Nerial. In an opinion piece published on Polygon, François Alliot, lead developer of the game, commented that the team wanted to 'mock the way our societies tend to deal with complexity', citing Brexit as an example. The developers intended to make the player feel the disconnect between the simplicity of the 'swipe' control scheme and the consequences their decisions lead to, which inevitably result in the king's demise at the end of each reign.
The interactive soundtrack of the game, titled Songs of Reigns, is available on Steam.
Anarchy Reigns Soundtrack
According to Metacritic, Reigns has garnered 'generally favorable' reviews. Reviewers praised the simplicity of its control scheme, noting its similarity to the 'Swipe' interface in social app Tinder. However, Alex Hern from The Guardian found certain choices in the game 'nonsensical', and of unclear consequences.
The game won the international competition at the 2017 Ludicious convention. It was nominated for 'Best Mobile Game' of Unity Awards 2016, and 'Use of Narrative' of Develop Awards 2016.
- ^Romano, Sal (11 September 2018). 'Reigns: Kings & Queens launches September 20'. Gematsu.
- ^'Reigns: Game of Thrones launching October 18th - Gamezebo'. gamezebo.com. 23 August 2018.
- ^ abcdHern, Alex (7 September 2016). 'Reigns review: the medieval strategy game based on Tinder'. The Guardian. Guardian News and Media. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- ^Tsukayama, Hayley (15 December 2016). 'A app for reign-y days'. The Washington Post. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- ^ abDotson, Carter (10 August 2016). ''Reigns' Review – Reign in Blood'. TouchArcade. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- ^Alliot, François (15 September 2016). 'How we mixed Tinder and politics to make a premium hit on mobile'. Polygon. Vox Media. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- ^'Songs of Reigns: Interactive OST'. Steam. Valve. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- ^'Reigns for iPhone/iPad Reviews'. Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- ^'Reigns for PC Reviews'. Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- ^ abSlater, Harry (11 August 2016). 'Reigns review – A strategy game mixed with Tinder'. Pocket Gamer. Steel Media. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- ^Allen, Jennifer (12 August 2016). 'Reigns Review: Decisions, Decisions'. Gamezebo. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- ^'Reigns wins the International Competition at the Zurich Game Festival'. Pocket Gamer. 28 January 2017. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- ^'Unity Awards 2016 – Winners'. Unity. Unity Technologies. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- ^Batchelor, James (4 May 2016). 'Develop Awards 2016: And the finalists are...'Develop. NewBay Media.