Supaplex Online is a HTML5 (JS) port of original Supaplex. Play Supaplex in your browser! Supaplex Online is currently in beta testing. While the game itself is now 100% playable we are still working on a proper website to house the game.
Igor - The Time Machine now officially released!If you like Supaplex, you will like Igor - The Time Machineeven better. A completely modernized version of a game in the same genre, but aneven greater challenge. Download the free demoversion today!.
Supaplex Music(If you are looking for level editors, or other addons, andyou already have the game itself visit thesoftware addon page.)
This page will discuss the following:
Chapter 1 - What is it?
If you want to know what Supaplex is before you download and install it,you can read the 'What is it?'-page.
Chapter 2 - Installing Supaplex
This chapter will explain how to install Supaplex, and the SpeedFix.
Chapter 2.1 - Supaplex, the game itself
To install and play the game, follow the steps below. Please note however, that Supaplexis a very old game, so it may not be easy for you to do this. If youdo not understand these instructions or they do not work for you, pleaseread the information in the FAQ about What to do ifthe game does not work.
- Download supaplex.zip (click on the link)
- Double click the file supaplex.zip, and unzip it to a directory (folder) of your choice. If you get a strange result after double clicking, or Windows tells you it does not know what to do, please visit www.winzip.com and download and install Winzip from there.
- To play, simply run the executable spfix63.exe that you can find in the folder where you unzipped supaplex. Note for Windows 95 and above: With the age of the game it becomes increasingly less likely that this will work for you. The game may not start up, freeze the computer or show random garbage on the screen. If this happens to you please read the information in the FAQ about What to do if the game does not work.
To use certain features in Supaplex, you may need to use command line options.For more information about this, please refer to the Supaplex FAQ:How do I use command line options inWindows 95 and newer?
For more information about which commandline options you can use, you cancheck out the SpeedFix documentation (the file SPFIX62.DOC) or you can lookup the question about what you want to do (e.g. play new levels, record ademo, view a solution, etc.) in the Supaplex FAQ.
Chapter 2.2 - The SpeedFix
- If you have (just) installed Supaplex via chapter 2.1, you do NOT need to read this chapter, since you will already have the latest version of the SpeedFix.
- If you already have Supaplex, but not the SpeedFix, you should install the SpeedFix. This chapter will explain how. (Why should I use the SpeedFix?)
- If you want to install a newer version of the SpeedFix than you currently have installed (when a new version of the SpeedFix is released) you should read this chapter.
I will assume you have downloaded the latest version of the SpeedFix fromthe software page. If you haven't done that yet, pleasedownload it before you continue.
To install the SpeedFix, follow these steps:
- Unzip the archive spfix63.zip (the number in the filename may be different depending on the version number) to THE SAME DIRECTORY as where you have installed Supaplex.
- Now you can run the executable. It's named SPFIX63.EXE, but the number '63' may vary depending on which version you have. Please check out which files are in your Supaplex directory to find the correct name of the executable.
- Windows users who have created a shortcut to Supaplex should change it to run the SpeedFix in stead of the original game (or the old version of the SpeedFix). If you don't know how to do that, you can create a new shortcut, and then delete the old one. For more information on creating a shortcut, check out how to create a shortcut.
- Please note that you should NOT run SUPAPLEX.EXE anymore, if you still have it. If you don't like the speed at which the SpeedFix runs, please read the Supaplex FAQ 'Why is the SpeedFix so slow?' for more information about this.
Chapter 3 - Playing Supaplex
A step by step guide to your first game:
- Run the game (SPFIX62.EXE) as any program. Press any key when the credits screen appears, to continue. The main menu should now appear.
- First, you should create a new player:
- Click on the 'Create new player' (wouldn't you have guessed...) option near the top left of the screen.
- Enter your name (up to 8 characters long) and press ENTER.
- Your player is now selected. You can select a level that you want to play from the listbox displayed in the bottom right of the screen. To move up and down the list, click on the lines saying 'level list'. You can play levels that are displayed in green and yellow.
- Before you start playing the level, you might want to learn a bit about the various objects in the game. You can click on 'GFX tutor' in the options list on the top left of the screen. Unfortunately, it doesn't explain much, so maybe you should take a look at the Cast of Characters here.
- If you have chosen the level you want to play, click on the OK button in the middle on the bottom of the screen.
- For information about the keys you can use in the game, please refer to the FAQ: What keys can I use in the game?
- When you have completed the level (or when you were destoyed) the main menu will appear again. You can exit (if you have enough of playing) by pressing ESCAPE. But you don't have to exit:
- In the lower left of the screen, you can see the player list. You can select different players (if there are any) by clicking on the bars above and below this list.
Above this player list is a box with 'rankings'. There you can see how you're doing (it only makes sense if there are more players playing, and they have both completed the same levels I guess...)
In the top right corner of the screen is the Hall of Fame box. It displays the top players who have completed all levels. That means it's usually empty :-)
Below the Hall of Fame box, there is a line with current player statistics. His/Her total playing time, and the number of the level that is to be played next (the 'yellow' colored level).
Just below the current player info, there is a message line. It sometimes displays useful information. Keep an eye on it.
In the middle on the bottom of the screen, there are two disks. If you click on them, you can load a data disk. DO NOT USE IT. It does not have a function anymore. If you want to know how you can play other level(set)s, take a look at the Supaplex FAQ.
- SPECIAL TRICKS
I have a (small) collection of handy tricks you can use on many levels. They will often mean the difference between life and death, so you better get to know them... Read all about them on the Supaplex Tricks page.
Note that you have to play the levels more or less in the order they are listed. If you can't solve a level, you can skip it. But you can't skip more than three levels at any time (How can I cheat?) If you can't get past a level, and you have no skips left, you can take a look at the solutions for all levels, but you really should try to solve the levels yourself first.
Chapter 4 - What else you should know
When you get stuck with something (a level, a problem, etc.) please, pleasetake a look at the Supaplex FAQ first, beforecontacting me about it. There really are a lot of answers in there!
If you like the game, maybe you will also like 'Igor'. It's a similargame, only much more modern and with a lot more objects. Take a look atthe Igor homepage if you are interested.
If you need to contact me, you can take a look at thecontact information.Copyright (c) Elmer Productions(contact us)